Tooth Bonding: Cosmetic Dentistry in Oviedo, FL
If you require cosmetic dentistry, you might choose from a wide variety of options. Dental bonding is a perfect choice for many dental patients. If your teeth are broken, chipped, or stained, consider teeth bonding. It could transform the appearance of your smile.
Dr. Amit Kamat is well-qualified to perform tooth bonding for you. In fact, Dr. Amit Kamat is a board-certified prosthodontist. He is highly skilled, and he can help you explore the possibilities. Cosmetic dentistry can change your life by increasing your functionality and self-confidence.
What Is Dental Bonding?
During dental bonding treatment, the dentist applies a tooth-colored material. The material, which is a durable plastic resin, is then hardened. The dentist uses light to harden this material. The resin then bonds to the patient’s teeth.
Why Choose Dr. Amit Kamat?
- One of Only 1% of Dentists with this Specialist Qualification
- 3 Years Advanced Speciality Training in
● Dental Implants
● Full Mouth Rehabilitation
Dr. Amit Kamat, Prosthodontist and Dr. Sejal Kamat, Orthodontist, are a Unique Team of Specialists Working Together to Provide Treatment Solutions Tailored to Your Needs.
Tooth bonding is used for a variety of purposes:
- Correcting a tooth gap.
- Covering discolorations.
- Repairing chipped/cracked teeth.
Tooth bonding is dependent on the artistic ability of the dentist since the work is done “freehand,” without taking impressions or using a laboratory. The tooth must be color matched, sculpted, and polished to produce a beautiful and natural looking result.
The Bonding Procedure
Bonding takes approximately 30-60 minutes in a single visit to our office.
- 1First, we select a shade of composite resin that is as close as possible to the shade of your teeth.
- 2A liquid is then applied that helps the bonding material adhere to the teeth.
- 3The composite resin is applied to the teeth, smoothed into the desired shape and hardened with a high-intensity light.
- 4After the resin has hardened, a few final touches are made and the teeth being treated are polished until they resemble the other teeth.
When Is Teeth Bonding Appropriate?
Several different kinds of dental issues use tooth bonding as their treatment. These are some of the problems that can be improved with this treatment:
- decaying teeth
- teeth with spaces between them
- teeth that appear too short
- misshapen teeth
- cracked teeth
- chipped teeth
- discolored teeth
- teeth that require fillings
- exposed roots due to receding gums
Since dental bonding involves some limitations, it may be ideally suited to more minimal changes. Your dentist can tell you whether it is a viable solution for you.
Benefits of Tooth Bonding
If you are contemplating several options, consider the benefits of bonding. A top advantage is that this treatment is the least expensive of cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Tooth bonding is also one of the easiest cosmetic treatments to implement. Generally, it usually only takes a single office visit to perform dental bonding. However, if many teeth need bonding, the procedure might require more than one visit.
Compared to crowns and veneers, tooth bonding is a less complicated treatment. Veneers and crowns must be produced in a lab setting. With bonding, less tooth enamel needs to be removed. Additionally, anesthesia is generally not necessary for this treatment.
How Tooth Bonding Works
If you are going to schedule dental bonding treatment, you should know what to expect. This is how the procedure works:
- First, your dentist will determine the correct shade of resin. The color will resemble your natural teeth as closely as possible.
- Then, the dentist applies a liquid to adhere the material to your teeth.
- Next, your dentist applies a composite resin to your teeth. The resin is smoothed until is it the desired shape. The dentist then uses high-intensity light to harden the material.
- Once the resin hardens, the dentist polishes the affected teeth. This polishing process makes the bonded teeth look natural.
Caring for Your Bonded Teeth
After you have undergone teeth bonding, take good care of your teeth. Bonded teeth do not require special maintenance at home. Brush and floss your teeth at least twice daily. Rinse your mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash on a daily basis.
You should be relatively careful with your bonded teeth. Don’t bite your fingernails or chew on objects such as pens.
Always see your dentist for routine checkups and cleanings. If you notice anything unusual with your teeth, schedule a dental appointment.
Dentist Bonding in Oviedo, FL
Tooth bonding is an excellent option for numerous patients with dental problems. If you wish to improve the appearance of your teeth, consult Dr. Amit Kamat. The field of cosmetic dentistry offers a broad range of solutions to dental problems. Teeth bonding could be an ideal option for you.
Why Should You Choose Dr. Amit Kamat?
Only one percent of dentists are prosthodontists. The field of prosthodontics is a specialized aspect of dentistry. Dr. Amit Kamat has undergone three years of intensive training in:
- total mouth rehabilitation
- dental implant treatment
- cosmetic dentistry
- crowns and bridges
Contact us today to schedule a cosmetic appointment.