Why Choose Dr. Amit Kamat?
BOARD CERTIFIED PROSTHODONTIST
- One of Only 1% of Dentists with this Specialist Qualification (Learn more)
- 3 Years Advanced Speciality Training in
● Dental Implants
● Full Mouth Rehabilitation
All on 4 Permanent Teeth in Just one Day!
All on 4 was developed as a way to best restore the full arches of the upper and lower jaws by implant manufacturer Nobel Biocare and European implant dentist Paulo Malo using biomechanics, computer simulation, and clinical research.
Patients favor implants which utilize this technique because implants are completed on the same day. These dental arches are non-removable and are secure with as little as four dental implants. All on Four is the perfect option for patients who have or need dentures. The procedure is most common amongst patients that need complete restorations on the upper or lower teeth.
- This procedure uses only four implants to secure all teeth.
- Patients who have experienced bone loss benefit from high-quality full teeth restorations and will not require bone grafting in most cases.
- Gives you teeth immediately. We make sure our patients leave our office smiling with a brand new set of replacement teeth! (Previous treatments required patients to receive a total of six or more implants, with treatment extending throughout 18 months of treatment. The patients were then forced to leave the office without any teeth or a poor fitting temporary denture for over a year!)
- The All on 4 procedure provides especially effective restoration of the upper jaw. This is because stronger implants can be secured in the back part of the jaw
- Minimal Recovery Time
- Reduces overall cost when compared to single implants
Missing teeth can create shame and embarrassment, making it hard for the person suffering from this malady to feel comfortable and confident when speaking. This condition makes it difficult to eat. Over time, if you do not replace your missing teeth, it can result in a bone loss.
This can be particularly unhealthy for anyone who is losing several teeth because this will do more than cause bone loss. Bone loss can actually change the shape and structure of the face. All-on-Four dental implants could be a viable solution to this problem. It is possible to walk into a dental office for this procedure and walk out with a new set of teeth a few hours later. This procedure is a long-lasting alternative to the conventional bridge as well as other ways of replacing missing teeth that typically require multiple implants to successfully replace them.
- The dentist places four titanium implants in the jaw in such a way that the bone will envelop and secure the implants into place.
- The implants that are placed in the back part of the jaw are angulated to achieve maximum advantage to the existing bone structure.
- Once the four implants are secure, the abutments will be attached so that the replacement teeth can be fastened and adjusted for maximum comfort and function giving you a brand new radiant smile.
- The procedure uses four implants which makes the entire process much less invasive. It involves less surgical time than previous treatments.
The beauty of this new procedure is the sheer convenience. Special implants were developed for this treatment allowing for the immediate fitting of replacement teeth to the abutments. This means that with only four implants, patients can leave our dental office with a full set of new replacement teeth within only one appointment! No bone grafts necessary!
The teeth are permanent and fixed so there is no need for patients to be without teeth or to endure temporary dentures for an extended time period. The patient can come for a morning appointment and leave that same afternoon with a brand new radiant smile!
What are All-on-Four Dental Implants?
All-on-Four dental implants replace several teeth with implant-supported full arch restorations. In plain language, a full set of prosthetic teeth built into a reconstructed arch can be installed using four dental implants. This procedure allows a person to replace every missing tooth in their mouth without requiring multiple implants. These implants are commonly referenced in several different ways; All-on-4 Implants,” “Pro Arch Implants,” and “Teeth Tomorrow,” and merely refer to the replacement of a full set of teeth with a prosthetic arch.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
All-on-Four dental implants work the same way traditional implants do. They only require fewer implants to replace missing teeth. A titanium or zirconium-based screw implant is surgically inserted into the jaw where it can fuse with the bone. Doctors refer to this as osseointegration. The implant serves as an artificial root and the jaw bone fuses with the artificial root over time. 16 teeth fit on a full arch securely anchored with only four implants makes this process noteworthy. The doctor then surgically implants temporary teeth. After the bone fuses with the implant, we install permanent dentures right after we remove the temporary teeth. The entire process takes time and the first set of teeth are temporary.
What is the Process for All-on-Four Dental Implants?
The process starts with an initial consultation to evaluate your oral health and possible treatment options. A 3-D image of your mouth is then created which will help the dentist to design a full arch with plans to place implants in the most supportive areas of your mouth. This process requires the removal of teeth to accommodate the arch and for bone shaping. The healing process takes six to eight weeks. It requires that a specific diet is followed to keep the dental implants from being disturbed before the fusion and the healing process has completed because, once complete, the implants are strong and stable.
Although there are many different approaches to rectifying the loss of teeth, some options are better than others. Traditionally, full and partial bridges have been a common choice, both permanent and temporary. However, a bridge doesn’t support the maintenance of healthy bone tissue like All-on-Four dental implants do. Furthermore, dental implants are durable and require far less maintenance than a bridge and other non-implant options.
Four implants, as opposed to eight, effectively secure a full 16 tooth arch. This distinguishes All-on-Four dental implants from other implants and traditional bridges. This fact makes them an attractive choice for those looking to replace multiple missing teeth quickly and effectively, without having to endure the process of surgically installing multiple implants. This gives the recipient a full set of strong stable prosthetic teeth.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our office for a complimentary consultation.